- 0 Comments
- 22 June 2015
- by Angela Cavatorta
- Leave a comment
Polyethylene terephthalate recycling – New lines for PET recycling with MOBY technology
For the recycling of polyethylene terephthalate Gamma Meccanica, thanks to the Moby technology developed with SB Plastics Machinery, offers the possibility to “re-grade“ the granules of recycled plastic material and to use it for the production of food packaging.
GM Compac combined with Moby technology ensure for polyethylene terephthalate (PET) recycling:
- granules suitable for food use approved by the FDA and EFSA
- crystallized granules
- increase of intrinsic viscosity up to 0.1dl/g/h
- energy efficiency
- quick return on investment
For the recycling of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) the system utilizes the infrared waves and the vacuum in a single step.
The infrared waves and the vacuum cause the migration of the water and chemical contaminants from material.
Compared to the technologies currently existing on the market, Moby has many advantages:
- Drying, dehumidification, crystallization, supercleaning and increase of IV (Intrinsic Viscosity)
- Reduced energy consumption proportional to the quantity of processed material
- Material is cleaned and preserved from oxidation, improving the quality of the finished product
- Simplicity in operation
At the exit from Moby the recycled granules of PET (polyethylene terephthalate) are crystallized, re-graded and can be stored, or introduced directly into the production cycle.